Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Learning Logs Meeting 1 Semester 7

 

Name : Starlight  

NIM     : 2088203057

Class : 7A1

Language Learning Log


Number of The Meeting Task

Topic of The Meeting

Sources

Vocabulary Usage

Example Taken from The Text

Grammar

Meeting 1 Task

Introduction to the News, Feature, and Editorial Writing Course

Lecture’s PDF

vivid  = jelas

     (adjective)





diverse  = beragam

(adjective)






Hone = Mengasah

(verb)




compelling  = menarik 

(adjective)

enhancing their ability to engage students in lessons with vivid descriptions and narratives




This is crucial for understanding and respecting diverse perspectives in the classroom.





Hone your interviewing skills.





Selecting compelling topics.

active voice

Infinitive phrase




Active voice

Simple present tense.



Active voice

Simple present tense.


Active voice

Simple present tense.

Summary of the text: 

    The "Introduction to the News, Feature, and Editorial Writing Course" is designed to empower English as a Foreign Language (EFL) student teachers by emphasizing the pedagogical significance of news, feature, and editorial writing. This course incorporates various components to enhance the skills and knowledge of EFL student teachers.

    The course underscores the real-world relevance of these writing forms. News writing exposes EFL student teachers to current events, enabling them to engage students in meaningful conversations. Feature writing delves into specific topics, offering diverse perspectives, while editorial writing hones their critical thinking and persuasive skills.

    Furthermore, the course enhances writing skills, vocabulary, cultural awareness, and sensitivity. EFL student teachers gain proficiency in different writing styles, learn about various cultures, and develop critical thinking abilities. The course also promotes digital literacy, enabling student teachers to navigate online platforms effectively.

    The course structure includes 14 weeks of comprehensive instruction on news, feature, and editorial writing, as well as blog management, ethical considerations, and social media promotion. Guest speakers and a final project wrap up the course, with students showcasing their best work and reflecting on their learning journey.

    This course is adaptable to the specific needs and proficiency levels of EFL student teachers, making it a valuable resource for future educators.


Reflection: 

    For me, the most important activity for this week especially for the material of Introduction to the News, Feature, and Editorial Writing Course I can understands the definition of News Story, Feature writing, editorial writing, Writing skills and vocabulary development, Cultural Awareness and sensitivity, Chritical Thinking and Analytical Skills, Enhancing Digital Literacy.

But I realize that I still have to learn and also practice the methods contained in this material because I have not mastered this material completely.

    If I write a news story : Analysing and writing a News story, I will pay attention the News Story, Feature writing, editorial writing, Writing skills and vocabulary development, Cultural Awareness and sensitivity, Chritical Thinking and Analytical Skills, Enhancing Digital Literacy based on what we have learn.

    By the way If I also become a Teacher or Lecturer I will understand the mood of my students, and also I will learn to always be patient, I will also try to understand the state of the classroom because to make sure if I have students with different learning ways it is better to combine several syllabus and how I teach my students well. But actually, I wanted to be a News Anchor. But later if I not become a news anchor I should be a teacher or lecturer.

I don’t just hope to be a news anchor, teacher or a lecturer. not just hope/expect but I will achieve what I hope or what I dream of. so bismillah I will and I don’t just hope but I have to make it happen and achieve it Aamiin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning Log Semester 7 Meeting 14

Name               : Starlight Student’s ID    : 20882030 36 Date                 : 5, Jan 2023   Language Learning Log Nu...