Monday, June 26, 2023

Learning Logs Meeting 1 Semester 6

 

Nama and NIM

Starlight / 2088203057

Topic

Journalism:/ Introduction, History, The profession, Present-day journalism

Date

March 11, 2023

Sources/Links

E-Book, Article

Learned vocabularies, pronunciation & part of speech, definition, and in context (e.g., in a sentence)

1. Prominent = /ˈprämənənt/

Part of speech: Adjective

Indonesian:  Menonjol

Definition: important; famous..

e.g., “she was a prominent member of the city council”

Synonyms: important,well known, leading, eminent, preeminent, distinguished, notable, noteworthy, noted, public, outstanding, foremost, of mark, illustrious, celebrated, famous, renowned, acclaimed, famed, honored, esteemed, respected, well thought of, influential, prestigious, big, top, great, chief, main, major-league

 

2. broadened = broaden /ˈbrôdn/

Part of speech: Verb

Indonesian: Memperluas

Definition: become larger in distance from side to side; widen.

e.g., “her smile broadened”

Synonyms: widen, become/make broader, become/make wider, expand, fill out, stretch (out), draw out, spread out, deepen, thicken

 

3. Hindered = /ˈhin·drd/

Part of speech: Verb

Indonesian: Terhalang

Definition: create difficulties for (someone or something), resulting in delay or obstruction.

e.g., “various family stalemates were hindering communication.”

Synonyms: hamper, be a hindrance to, obstruct, impede, inhibit, retard, balk, thwart, foil, baffle, curb, delay, arrest, interfere with, set back, slow down, hold back, hold up, forestall, stop, halt, restrict, restrain, constrain, block, check, curtail, frustrate, cramp, handicap, cripple, hamstring, shackle, fetter, encumber

 

4. Owing = owe /ō/

Part of speech: Verb

Indonesian: utang

Definition: have an obligation to pay or repay (something, especially money) in return for something received..

e.g., “they have denied they owe money to the company.”

Synonyms: be in debt (to), be indebted (to), be in arrears (to), be under an obligation (to), be obligated (to), be beholden to, be in debit, be overdrawn (by), be in the red

 

5.  Endowed = /uhn·dowd/

Part of speech: Verb

Indonesian: diberkahi

Definition: provide with a quality, ability, or asset.

e.g., “he was endowed with tremendous physical strength.”

Synonyms: provide, supply, furnish, equip, invest, give, present, favor, bless, grace, award, gift, confer, bestow, enrich, arm

Study strategies

On Sunday morning before I went to practice archery, I completed the Learning Logs, summary and reflection at the first meeting on Journalism:/ Introduction, History, The profession, Present-day journalism.

I have reading the e-books, or the articles provided by mrs. Dwi. While listening to music I completed one by one the task given. After the Learning Log, Synopsis and reflection was finished I checked it in grammarly, when I was sure I sent it to Mrs. Dwi Email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning Log Semester 7 Meeting 14

Name               : Starlight Student’s ID    : 20882030 36 Date                 : 5, Jan 2023   Language Learning Log Nu...